[time-nuts] Seeking Toyocom or NDK through hole oscillator information

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 14 12:20:12 UTC 2018

On 6/14/18 4:27 AM, Tim Shoppa wrote:
> Quoting Wikipedia; 16.368 MHz is 16 times the 1.023 MHz C/A GPS signal chipping rate; multiplied by 96.25 to get the 1575.42 MHz L1 frequency and multiplied by 75 to get the 1227.60 MHz L2 frequency.
>
>> Possibly something Trimble significant with the 16.368 MHz
>> frequency that I'm not yet aware of... if anyone would care
>> to speculate, please do.

A typical direct sampling receiver would sample the RF at 16.368, and
that puts the L1 received signal nicely at fs/4.  The P code would
overlap the sampling bandwidth of 8.184 MHz, but the C/A code fits well
within that range. And, since it's not at "zero", any doppler just moves
it from the center, but it's still "positive" frequency.