[time-nuts] Spectracom 8140T Line Tap Schematic

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Jun 15 12:59:53 UTC 2018

Hi

The typical 8140 tap has an ADEV of around 2x10-11 at a tau of 1 second and is in the 3x10^-12 range at 100 seconds. That’s not super duper,
but it’s plenty good enough for the intended use of feeding racks full of test gear. If you are feeding it with a typical Cs or telecom Rb, it’s about
as good as the source you are feeding it with.

On the plus side, if you have an inventory of gear needs 100 KHz as a reference, just grab that tap. This other device needs 1 MHz, grab the tap.
That one needs 5 MHz …. It’s tough to do that with other systems.

Bob