[time-nuts] GPS Antenna Grounding/Lightning protection.

Chris Smith chris.smith at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jun 18 18:38:29 UTC 2018

I have purchased and deployed Huber+Suhner lightning protectors
<https://www.hubersuhner.com/en/products/radio-frequency/lightning-emp-protectors/gas-discharge-tube-gdt-protectors>
in the past but have thankfully never suffered an actual strike, so I can't
say how well they work under duress.

I've heard it said that basically nothing can protect you from a direct
hit, but again, I haven't had the opportunity to test that theory that you
so recently suffered.