[time-nuts] HP 5065A A1 replacement with DDS

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Jun 24 19:51:24 UTC 2018

Hi

Half of the problem is on the digital side. The other half is on the DAC
side of things. More bits / wider registers is fine for the digital stuff. Once
you narrow the bit range down to feed a rational DAC problems begin
to creep in. Now shove that into a DAC that does not have *perfect* linearity
and even more problems crop up.

Bob