[time-nuts] LT1016 as a pulse shaper...

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 17:55:17 UTC 2018

Search for ultra fast comparator yields TL3016 and AD8611, claims to be
faster pin compatible replacements.  I have found low parasitic capacitance
on the outputs of these types of comparators is important, and I have used
balanced hysteresis (use positive feedback from both + and - outputs). I
haven't needed jitter lower than 10 ns or so, with awful inputs, so have
not optimized for lower jitter.

Search google for "ultra fast comparator" and several turn up that are in
the low ns or hundreds of ps range for prop delay. ADCMP566, TL3116,
LMH7322, LTC6752, MAX9691 turn up among others. I haven't investigated or
used any of them.

Regards,

Mark Goldberg