[time-nuts] LT1016 as a pulse shaper...

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Mon Mar 5 01:32:56 UTC 2018

Since I have a Timepod all that I'd need would be a board that had SMA inputs and outputs with provision for an LC L network to  step up the input if necessary plus an RLC network on the output something like in the attachment.

If one doesnt have a Timepod or equivalent a low noise phase detector will suffice for the noisier sources. An adjustable phase shift network is required to achieve quadrature between the LO (driven directly from the splitter) and the RF input (driven by the DUT output).

The required phase shift adjustment range could perhaps be reduced by using a quadrature hybrid to split the test source instead of a standard splitter. The output of the phase detector is low pass filtered and amplified and fed to a high resolution ADC such as a sound card.

Bruce