[time-nuts] WWV or Net Clock controlled oscillator

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 5 19:13:22 UTC 2018

I've been known to use the egg timer mode in the kitchen... I get distracted easily and burned food has been known to occur.  Due to system vagaries, it is probably only accurate to say 30 milliseconds (better on Linux, of course), so less than perfect eggs are possible.  I've thought about letting the alarm set a modem control line so that you can control an automatic egg extractor device.

The egg timer can be configured to sound the alarm file once, or repeatedly until you stop it.  It can also be set to automatically re-start a new countdown.

The alarm clock can be set with a time, a date, or a date/time.  When set with just a time, it will trigger every day at that time.  If the time you set is less than the current time, it triggers on the next day.

Currently you can only set one egg timer and one alarm time... I'm thinking of adding support for multiple timers so you can cook more than one thing at a time.

I did add the ability to add an alarm time to the greetings calendar events.  I might add the ability of things like the equinox events to automatically fill in the proper alarm time.

Heather can also play sounds at sunrise, sun transit, and sunset (or moonrise/moon transit/moonset).  The default is a rooster at rise/set and church bells at solar noon.