[time-nuts] Z3801A OCXO manual trimming

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 6 06:24:01 UTC 2018

I'm not sure what the Z3801A uses for EFC range.   Heather uses the EFC relative command to report the EFC setting.  That command reports values from -100% to 100%.   There is a command that reports the DAC input in counts, but nothing documented that shows volts/count.

Since the DAC is at -2V with a 99+% DAC setting, it looks like the DAC circuit has issues, or power supply problems.   I think the DAC circuit is a 16 bit DAC with 4 more bits of resolution created by dithering the DAC inputs.