[time-nuts] Ultra low power RTC

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Mar 7 13:27:00 UTC 2018

Hi

Since we don’t often *need* the smallest cell made *and* we’re probably
talking lifetime of the cell….. does 22 na vs 33 na matter?

…. hmmm ….

CR2032 ( which is the smallest I would use) is rated at 0.22 AH.

A nano amp for a year is about 8 uA hours a year.

So 30 na for 20 years is 0.005 AH

Indeed, the self discharge of the cell (or life or whatever you want to call it)
will probably get you before the 30 na drain will.

Based on the previous data on the chip, I think I would just run the crystal
all the time.

Bob