[time-nuts] WWV or Net Clock controlled oscillator

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Mar 6 09:57:34 UTC 2018

holrum at hotmail.com said:
> The university that I hang out at has a clock tower with a full set of
> bells.   ...

Stanford has a clock tower.

Searching YouTube for >Stanford Clock Tower< will find several short videos.

It's in a roughly 10 ft square room with big windows on all 4 sides.  I stop
to admire it when I'm in the area with spare time.   It's all mechanical.  A
wonderful contraption.  Somebody winds it each day or two.  The mechanism is
down at ground level where it is easy to see.  Cables go up to the bells.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.