[time-nuts] Frequency deviations in Europe affect clocks

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Mar 8 00:22:23 UTC 2018

On Wed, 07 Mar 2018 22:01:25 +0100
Pete Stephenson <pete at heypete.com> wrote:

> Fortunately the Swiss rail system doesn't, as far as I know, use powerline
> frequency for timekeeping, even at remote stations, so all the railway
> clocks are still running properly.

They used to have a central HBG receiver at all train stations,
with a few exceptions where reception was bad (there, they got a
special permission to use DCF77 instead). I have no idea what
they use these days for synchronization.

			Attila Kinali

--
<JaberWorky>	The bad part of Zurich is where the degenerates
                throw DARK chocolate at you.