[time-nuts] Ultralink

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Mar 30 06:02:49 UTC 2018

> I have a 333 box with 301 antenna.  It was a gift several years ago.  The
> display updates, but the meter never gets off 0.  At the time, I thought the
> new modulation scheme had killed it and didn't investigate.  But tvb
> suggested it should still work, so I took the cover off.

Hal,

I tested several old Ultralink WWVB receivers this evening and, yes, they work fine. The products were designed for precise timing rather than stabilized frequency. Thus they don't rely on the carrier and are not caught by the "enhanced" WWVB format that killed all the Spectracom WWVB receivers.

Model 332 has small LCD with date, time, status display.
Model 333 has larger LCD and calibrated analog signal level meter.
Both connect to a remote model 301 antenna module.
Yes, the antenna module contains a Temic U4226B.

My 333/301 signal levels idle at around +9 or +10, and bounce down each second as expected.

I updated http://leapsecond.com/museum/ulio/ with more manuals, and many exterior / interior photos of the 301 module.

Hopefully you and John can get yours working. Let me know on- or off-list if there's anything I can do to help.

/tvb