[time-nuts] WWV/CHU

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Mar 30 07:48:40 UTC 2018

tvb at LeapSecond.com said:
> In general, if the author or paper is related to NIST, the original
> copyright-free PDF will be available in the NIST Time and Frequency
> Publication Database. That easily searchable database, and the thousands of
> papers it contains, is probably the greatest asset we time nuts have. For
> those of you that don't know it yet, check it out:

> https://tf.nist.gov/general/publications.htm

Thanks.

Another other great resource (non time-nut) is NIH Pubmed.

I think the deal is that they get to distribute a copy of any paper from
research that they finance.  I think the publisher gets 6 months or a year
before the NIH free version goes online.

I assume the publishers freaked out when the idea was first announced.
Anybody know of a paper discussing that issue?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.