[time-nuts] nuts about position (cheap receiver)

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu May 3 15:28:38 UTC 2018

Hi

If you have a very good survey grade receiver and take a long enough data set, yes you can
watch your location drift in some parts of the world. In most locations, fixes a few years apart
would be a better bet.

Indeed this does get a bit far from the world of timing …… The distances involved are nasty
small. Even for the location of your telescope when doing astronomical timing observations,
they are unlikely to matter on a yearly basis. At some point the error is “to small to matter” ….

Bob