[time-nuts] TruePosition GPSDO Holdover Issues

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun May 13 15:08:08 UTC 2018

Hi

Assuming the device has the “normal stuff” in it, it will look at the location in memory and
compare that to the current solution. If the solution is off by more than the limit, it will
reject it. If it rejects enough data ( = no good solution) it goes into holdover. Some devices
will operate down to a single satellite against a memorized position. That is not true of all
gizmos. Even with the “single sat” devices, there is a multi sat / bad location solution situation
that will send you into holdover.

Bottom line is that it usually is antenna location. Clear view of the sky and an appropriate
elevation mask are what you are after.

Bob