[time-nuts] Question about frequency counter testing

Oleg Skydan olegskydan at gmail.com
Sun May 13 17:31:50 UTC 2018

Hi Bob!

From: "Bob kb8tq" <kb8tq at n1k.org>
> I guess it is time to ask:
>
> Is this a commercial product you are designing?

No. I have no abilities to produce it commercially and I see no market for
such product. I will build one unit for myself, I may build several more
units for friends or if somebody will like it. I will show the HW details
when it will be ready.

What I gain doing it?
1. I will have a new counter that suits my current needs
2. I will study something new

> If so, that raises a whole added layer to this discussion in terms of
> “does it do
> what it says it does?”.

This question is also important for amateur/hobby measurement equipment. I
do not need equipment that "does not do what it says it does" even if it is
build for hobby use.

The theme about *DEV calculations has many important details I want to
understand right, sorry if I asked too many questions (some of them probably
were naive) and thank you for the help, it is very appreciated! I hope our
discussion is useful not only for me.

Thanks!
Oleg