[time-nuts] GPS Timing Antenna Failure - Long

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun May 13 22:44:33 UTC 2018

Hi

The shape of the radome on your typical timing antenna is all because of birds. If the antenna is 60 feet up
a cell tower you do *not* want to have to pay a crew to go up there and knock the nest off of the  antenna.

Even in the flatlands, you can get multipath. All it has to do is bounce off the ground and back to your antenna.
A wide open flat area actually is “ideal” for that particular type of problem ….

Bob