[time-nuts] WTB: HP/Agilent/Symmetricom 58517A Distribution Amplifier

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri May 18 18:53:28 UTC 2018

Hi

What you really want is an LNA plus some filtering. MiniCircuits will sell you all sorts of
“adequate” amplifiers. They show up surplus for reasonable prices. The key point is that
ultra low noise figure it not needed. A 3db NF is just as good as 0.3 db in this case. The
antenna sets the noise for the system. ( unless you *really* run out of gain).

Bob