[time-nuts] Improving ocxo temp control

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat May 19 04:03:20 UTC 2018

In my experience, the oven temperature controller is rarely
the determining factor for static oven performance.  This article
explains what the real determining factors are:

http://www.karlquist.com/oven.pdf

An analog oven temperature controller will be limited in
its dynamics by how much capacitance you are able to
design with.  Digital controllers get around this as well
as having the capability of double integration for much
better transient response.

Rick