[time-nuts] ✘NEO-M8N vs. NEO-M8T

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sun May 20 23:03:25 UTC 2018

Time-nuts!

I have heard for a long time to use the u-blox Time Sync products, instead
of the basic GPS products, for precisin time.

So I ordered a NEO-M8T and compared it against a plain NEO-M8N.  Tests
done using a TAPR-TICC and a JL GPSDO for reference.  All tests using the
same antenna and 12 hours of data.

The results were disappointing.  See attached.  For 8x the price all I
see is a slightly flatter ADEV curve.

The M8T also support raw data, so I can try to use it for RINEX files.

RGDS
GARY
	gem at rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588