[time-nuts] NEO-M8N vs. NEO-M8T

ew ewkehren at aol.com
Mon May 21 19:39:37 UTC 2018

Richard McCorkle  on his own GPSDO design had a separate PIC keep track of the saw tooth information from a M12 ad and subtract during the filter time constant and transferd the sum to the filter for processing.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 5/21/2018 2:55:44 PM Eastern Standard Time, chris at chriscaudle.org writes:

 On Mon, May 21, 2018 1:52 pm, Chris Caudle wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2018 1:19 pm, Gary E. Miller wrote:
>> Now, how to I tell the Linux kernel to apply that correction?
>
> Have the PPS driver accept the correction before logging the PPS
> timestamp.

Or just have the PPS driver log the raw timestamp, then have the PLL
engine in ntpd incorporate the corrections into the math of the control
loop. Presumably ntpd will be getting the information passed in from
gpsd, so the clock control daemon should have the correction information
in plenty of time before the next PPS pulse gets logged.

--
Chris Caudle