[time-nuts] Motorola GPS Antenna?

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Mon May 21 19:44:20 UTC 2018

I grew up downstate — NE of Quincy, IL and the Motorola TV mfg. operations at Quincy closed before the Franklin Park (North) plant.  While there were assurances that Panasonic would continue operations at Quincy, local officials were caught “off guard” with decision to close a Motorola plant that was less than 15 years old.
My high school electronics instructor (former Motorola) came to new vocational wing of high school (1970) as a result of those layoffs and closings.

greg
==
Since timing is everything to TimeNuts ….. :)

The Motorola TV plant ( known as the Franklin Park North plant, not to be confused with Franklin Park South where they made …. errr ….. oscillators ) to Panasonic in 1974.

The whole transaction came as quite a shock to the people involved. The guy running
the division was very much caught off guard….. He happened to be presenting to a group of us the day after the announcement ….

The Panasonic cell tower timing antenna shows up under a *lot* of different labels. They do indeed sell it under the Panasonic brand name as well. It is regarded as reasonably bullet proof in terms of blocking cell tower RFI.