[time-nuts] Terminators on empty outputs/connectors

Dana Whitlow k8yumdoober at gmail.com
Fri May 25 15:21:46 UTC 2018

I recommend putting terminators on unused ports, on general principles.
But I don't
think it would ordinarily be necessary to use big-bucks terms, unless the
distro amp is
really cheaply made.

If you have access to a VNA, it would be interesting to measure the complex
transmission
coefficient from input to one of the output ports while experimenting with
variations of
the number and locations of terminations for the other output ports.  If
you find that none
of such manipulations have any visible effect, then you can probably skip
using terms
on unused ports.  I should mention that any such measurements should best
be performed
at roughly the intended operating RF power level.

And for extra credit, report your findings to this discussion group.

Dana