[time-nuts] Tektronix FCA3103 ADEV measurement tau setting problem

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed May 30 03:35:02 UTC 2018

On 5/29/2018 11:58 AM, gandalfg8--- via time-nuts wrote:

> Unfortunately, I can't help with your enquiry, and am also somewhat confused, as I don't recall seeing a settings entry window for "tau" as a settings option for the built in ADEV function. I take it you do mean the built in option as in displaying results on the built in screen, or are you also using some external software?
>

> Nigel, GM8PZR

I didn't explain this right.  The Tek counter allows me to set
"gate time" or something like that.  I am assuming that this
is the same as tau when measuring ADEV.  You'll never see
the word "tau" on the screen.  In any event, gate times less
than 200 ms (even 199 ms) don't appear to work for ADEV.

Rick, N6RK