[time-nuts] Helium and MEMS oscillators don;t mix well

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Nov 1 18:40:16 UTC 2018

kb8tq at n1k.org said:
> Helium leak testing is a *very* common thing in the oscillator industry. I’d
> bet it also is done in the  MEMS oscillator business as well.

How does that test work?

It seems obvious how to test stuff that is designed to hold Helium - put the
Helium in and sniff the surrounding air to see if any leaks out.  But how do I
test a small package to see if any leaks in?

Maybe give it a chance to leak in for a while and then see if any leaks out?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.