[time-nuts] Datum PRS-50 ionizer voltage supply

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Nov 1 20:10:08 UTC 2018

Hi

Just as a guess, it would be rare for a “heated wire” type of thing to have much over a
10:1 ratio between hot and cold. Most have ratios that are less. (think of a light bulb …)
If you suspect the ionizer, I’d suggest working out just what it’s resistance is. If it’s down
below 0.1 ohms (and your 1V / 1A guess is correct) then it is shorted. Is it worth trying
something crazy to unshift it? Who knows …..

Bob