[time-nuts] A question from a newbie

Daniel H. Pressler dpressler at dandydan.net
Thu Nov 1 22:05:02 UTC 2018

I was directed to this group when I asked this question of another group.
However, after reading some of the emails I am a real novice when it comes
to this stuff.  I worked with cesium and rubidium oscillators as Primary
Reference clocks in the telecommunication industry.  When I was there I
wrote a basic program to retrieve phase offset between two signals over GPIB
from a counter.  The program then calculated frequency accuracy and did some
Allan Variance calculations.  I am trying to replicate that with an Arduino
and a simple phase comparator.  I have forgotten the math and I am not smart
enough to glean it out of the data presented on the internet.  Can someone
point me to some example programs that will allow me to measure phase offset
over time and calculate frequency accuracy and do some basic Allan Variance
calculation.

Thanks,

Daniel H. Pressler, KF2HP