[time-nuts] GPIB interfaces these days

Forrest Christian (List Account) lists at packetflux.com
Fri Nov 2 08:39:49 UTC 2018

I use a national instruments PCI-GPIB card in a Windows 10 PC, works just
fine.   Usually can find them <$100 on eBay.

I've also used a HP/Agilent 82357A (or B) which does USB-GPIB for those
cases when you need it for a laptop or something else without a pci or pcie
slot.

I understand the USB ones in particular are prone to being counterfeited,
but evidently most of the counterfeit ones work even though they're not
original HP/Agilent.

There are various other options out there, for instance prologix (and
possibly others) make a GPIB-ETHERNET converter which will convert GPIB
instruments to network instruments.