[time-nuts] Need recommendation for GPS antenna for Oncore GPS module

Toby Riddell toby.riddell at prevtec.com
Sat Nov 3 21:26:51 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I want to fit a GPS antenna on our house (the attic is being renovated and
it just occurred to me that if I move fast I can get it done before the
walls are closed up again!)

I was planning on having it mounted on a south-facing wall but below the
roofline - does this sound okay for picking up satellites? It can poke
above the roofline if needed as long as the mounts are on the wall (not the
top of the roof).

Is there a recommended antenna? I am planning on feeding it into an Oncore
GPS module which will then interface to a Soekris net4501 running nanoBSD
and ntpns.

Thanks!

Toby