[time-nuts] Racal Dana 9478 frequency distribution system with option 04B high stability oven (5x10^-10/day aging rate).

Scott McGrath scmcgrath at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 12:09:09 UTC 2018

Racal overall has a reputation for making very high quality instruments,   Since the OCXO is an option,    and the price is right on the DA,   I’d probably buy it.

Also thinking since its an option the OCXO can probably be switched out of circuit or removed entirely.

Im guessing Racal thought that adding an OCXO would be a feature for shops that did not have a frequency standard and/or one that used a different frequency than ‘standard’ like a TV station.   So everything would be phase locked to a master clock irrespective of frequency.

Content by Scott
Typos by Siri