[time-nuts] Lady heather on a Raspberry pi

Ken bats059 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 00:35:51 UTC 2018

Hi, I have had Lady Heather running on a small pc for a number of years, controlling a
thunderbolt- until the pc quietly died a couple of weeks ago.

As I didn't have another spare pc, but I did have a couple of spare raspberry pi's, I
thought to have a go at putting it on a Pi. Using the instructions of the LH web site, I
had it running quite quickly and with no real drama. Even better, the whole thing
(including the t'bolt) now mounts on the back of a 17 inch lcd monitor, making it a very
neat installation.

The problem came when I wanted to run a small fan for temperature control of the
thunderbolt- no matter how I searched, I could not find out which io pins LH uses on the
pi to control the fan. The pi doesn't have a "real" serial port, and my software skills
are nowhere near good enough to dig through the source code to figure this out.

So I would be grateful if someone could tell me which io pins I need to use to control the
fan so I can get a bit tighter control of the t'bolts temperature excursions.

--
Cheers, Ken
bats059 at gmail.com

'It seems hard to sneak a look at God's cards. But that He plays dice and uses
"telepathic" methods .... is something that I cannot believe for a single
moment.'     (Einstein's famous quote on Quantum theory)

---