[time-nuts] HP 58503B PSU replacement

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 16:30:53 UTC 2018

 hOn Fri, 9 Nov 2018, 13:49 George Atkinson via time-nuts <
time-nuts at lists.febo.com wrote:

> Hi Dave,
> Thanks for the info. I've already built the analogue supply and it's
> working fine. It's interesting that even that 55W supply is operating near
> it's -15V limit with the 58503A and the minumum load requiremen on th main
> +5V rail is not quite met either.
>
> Robert.

Thank you Robert. I will check the 5 V load and add a bit of extra load if
needed.

I will also look at adding a bit more heatsinking.

I prefer linear supplies - I know how to fix them when they go wrong. I do
not get on too well with switch mode supplies.

Dave