[time-nuts] HP 58503B PSU replacement

George Atkinson robertg8rpi at virginmedia.com
Wed Nov 14 23:12:32 UTC 2018

Gerhard is correct, the supply Dave has needs a minimum of 500mA on the main output for correct operation according to the datasheet. I've not used this exact supply, but others ve used that had similar minimum load specificions would not run off-load. Typically thee lower limit is to put a bound on the size of storage inductor requred.

Per my first post use a 30VA 15V toroid, 7815, 7915 and switching 5V regulator.

Robert G8RPI.