[time-nuts] WWV Doppler Shift

ew ewkehren at aol.com
Tue Nov 20 09:54:08 UTC 2018

Starting 1970 I used a modified Tracor 599H on WWVB  with excellent results. It had a mechanical counter with 100 nsec, resolution. Noisy but perfect. Yes you have to take Ionosphere sunrise and sunset in to consideration and the hourly shift, but being a very early riser  4AM because of Europe no problem. Better than 2 E-11 per day and 4 E-14 per month.

In the 90 ties with my FRK having temperature and aging control frequency was better than 1 E-12 all the time.

Bert Kehren