[time-nuts] WWV/H Doppler Shift

Scud West scudwest at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 21:12:44 UTC 2018

I think I've seen something similar during and after geomagnetic storms - weaker than usual signals, but very low and steady Doppler shifts.  It will be interesting to see how things change when solar activity increases.

The QS1R is a great receiver.  Even with the original TCXO I could see WWV on 10 and 15 MHz track within 2e-09 while CHU in eastern Canada would have a shift of nearly 1 Hz. As long as you're not dealing with voice signals a pretty modest antenna will probably do.  I use a bandwidth of 20 Hz for carrier level measurements, but the Fldigi would be fine with a wide bandwidth.

Who knew unmodulated carriers could be fun?

Rob