[time-nuts] Trueposition Antenna Location

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 04:22:44 UTC 2018

I have one of the TruePosition GPSDOs. They already are not the best in
terms of signal sensitivity, but the antenna is now located where it sees a
narrow segment of open sky. It generally sees no more than 4 or 5 sats and
goes into holdover often.

I just use the 10 MHz output as a frequency reference.

Attached, (hopefully if I did it right) are images of the Lady Heather
screen and an ADEV plot referenced to a Bodnar GPSDO.

How much could I expect ADEV to improve if I move the antenna to a better
location with clear view of the sky? The things I am testing need to be
better than 8e-10, so this at just under 3e-10 may be "good enough". Moving
the antenna would involve drilling a hole in the outside wall, so it is not
easy.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Mark