[time-nuts] black holes and list email - Earthlink

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 3 16:18:32 UTC 2018

On 10/3/18 7:36 AM, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
> Yes, the new list provider has their own spam filtering system which is
> different from (and probably better than) the one I had on the old
> febo.com.  However, it does blacklist addresses from some of the more
> popular spam-producing ISP servers.  As Jim mentioned, the tools seem to
> be pretty good for getting off the list.

It takes about an hour or so..to remove yourself, and you do get a
response email saying it's been done.  Of course, the problem is that
when you resend your mail, it will go through a different MTA, and might
have an IP that's been blocked.

As a practical matter, looking over those IPs in their logs, it looks
like the blacklist provider "gets offended" every few weeks..