[time-nuts] TAPR TICC / PRS10

Chris Burford CBURFORD1 at austin.rr.com
Fri Oct 5 00:49:51 UTC 2018

Hello All,
I'm very near purchasing a TICC unit to play with and to qualify my
RFS and various GPSDO units. In reading the documentation for the TICC
it requires a 10Mhz source input.
Is (Are) there any issue(s) with using the 10MHz out on the RFS to the
input reference on the TICC while simultaneously using the 1PPS out of
the PRS for measurements? If need be I can use a GPSDO for the
reference input to the TICC. I just thought it would make it easier on
the RFS not having to be both the oscillator source and taking 1PPS at
the same time from the RFS.
I'm guessing that it is ok to source the RFS as the oscillator input
and also measure the 1PPS simultaneously. I'd like to hear what
potential "gotchas" may be lurking.
Thanks for reading,Chris