[time-nuts] 53230A TIC and TimeLab

AC0XU (Jim) James.Schatzman at ac0xu.com
Fri Oct 5 02:56:23 UTC 2018

THANK YOU!

Thanks very much to all who responded to my query. Apparently, I was a bit naive in my expectations for the device. Since it am especially interested in measuring short-term stability, I am going to try using it the method described in  (who??):

http://www.efos3.com/53230A/HPAK53230A-High-speed-TI.html

I understand that at some point I will be seeing the noise/stability floor of the instrument. According to

http://www.anderswallin.net/2015/04/keysight-53230a-noise-floor-test/

that noise floor may be around 2e-11 at 0.1 sec and 2e-12 at 1 sec.  That is just about what I am aiming for.

Jim