[time-nuts] UK Loran Off Air

gandalfg8 at aol.com gandalfg8 at aol.com
Thu Oct 11 12:20:01 UTC 2018

Hi Nigel, NPL have no involvement with eLoran, the contract for that is from
Trinity House. The site operator is Babcock International........but I doubt
anyone there will admit to knowing what is going on.

Hi Alan,

I was aware of that, and it's a bit of a long shot anyway, but just thought NPL might be a bit more accessible,
even if only on an informal basis:-)

I think the last "official" notice from Trinity house was the discontinuation notice in 2015, but there still seems
to be ongoing discussion regarding this and other options for a GPS backup service so again thought there
might be an awareness in NPL, but anything from anywhere would be welcome:-)

https://rin.org.uk/blogpost/1706945/RIN-Blog?tag=Trinity+House

Nigel, GM8PZR