[time-nuts] TAPR TICC (Cable run time delay)

Chris Burford CBURFORD1 at austin.rr.com
Fri Oct 12 03:08:51 UTC 2018

Hello All,
I've just received my new TAPR TICC and have been performing some
initial dry runs against my PRS10.
I have to ask about cable(s) delay and and what is essentially best
practice for the TICC configuration. Is it commonplace to add both
cables (10MHz source and 1PPS) or just the length of the 1PPS cable
alone? I already have the cable delay specs from Times Microwave for
the medium that I'm using.
I would assume that the delay(s) in pico seconds are input to the TICC
as the "Fudge" values? I'm just trying to get most of the bases
covered here for a fair assessment of my RFS.
Any and all comments are appreciated.
Thanks,Chris