[time-nuts] Troubleshooting an HP 58503A

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Mon Oct 15 18:10:58 UTC 2018

Matthew D'Asaro writes:
>     The concrete block is a generic 1 sqft paver stone which cost all
> of $1.18. This is to provide a heavy base and avoid tipping.

If you want to keep your roof undamaged, you need padding under that
concrete block (some geotextile sheet plus perhaps a bit of rubber mat
like they use for playgrounds) or it will cut through the roofing sheet
over time.

>     It is sitting on the back railing of the house for now but I
> ordered a 40' length of LMR-250 cable with N-connectors on both ends
> from http://www.usacoax.com/ and once that comes I can set it up for
> real on the roof with the cable running into my lab. Over and out.

You'll want to have a good think about lightning protection before you
run that cable near anything that enters your house.  You should also
check that the grounding of your electrical installation is properly
done.

Regards,
Achim.