[time-nuts] OCXO Board

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Oct 26 20:21:05 UTC 2018

Hi

I think what is needed is somebody to stand up and say “ok, I’ll handle all the
ordering and shipping stuff”. No, that somebody is not me …. sorry about that.
There are a *lot* more board designs than just this one floating around. This could
turn into a fairly complex little enterprise.

If the first boards really are “well under $1 each” sort of boards (and I’m quite sure they are),
doing this one board at a time is going to be …. errr… nutty. I’d suggest that
something like groups of 5 (or maybe even 10 if then are < <. $1 is likely the
smallest rational increment to play with. When shipping is more than the
stuff in the envelope … that’s silly.

Since you pretty much always see people coming back a while later wondering
if they can get more boards on anything like this, getting a few extras is never
a bad idea.

So who has way too much time on their hands and *really* likes driving to the post office?
Hmmm …. not many hands raised. Probably a good idea to include the thought that
there *should* be something in the deal for the poor person doing all the work. I’d say
they should get at least as much as the post office does …. just saying …..

Bob