[time-nuts] WWVB Translation

Andy Backus ANDREWBACKUS at msn.com
Sat Oct 27 17:48:28 EDT 2018

For those still interested in GPS to WWVB simulation -- after trying a few antenna designs I found that a 50-foot loop of #26 enameled wire stapled to the rafters in the basement works quite well.  Putting 35 ma (rms) of 60 kHz WWVB signal through it lights up the house quite nicely.  I don't know yet if it also lights up the neighbor's house.  I think I will investigate that question when (and if) they pull the plug in Colorado.  But I am prepared.

Not so much for my La Crosse Technology WWVB BPSK clock.  I think it will get swamped out.  Can't have everything, I guess.

Andy Backus