[time-nuts] Question about noisetypes and ADEV

Ole Petter Ronningen opronningen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 08:19:09 UTC 2018

Hi, Magnus!

Thank you for this! I am of course nowhere near really comprehending it
from reading it a couple of times, but I will still show my ignorance by
asking a couple of questions with respect to the power law noise table.
Counting on your day being still non-grumpy.. :D

1. I notice the formulas for ADEV is different for W PM and F PM - ADEV
does not distinguish between the two, as is pointed out in the article.
Does this not imply a fixed relationship between the power coefficients h1
and h2, such that the results of those to formulas are the same? Or am I
misunderstanding the point of the table? (Also, what is the parameter
y/gamma in the FPM formulas?)
2. I am not sure I understand the concept of f_H correctly, particularly as
it applies to synthetic data. What is the corner frequency of a random
sequence [0-1]?

Ole