[time-nuts] FW: Question about the PLL of Trimble Thunderbold

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Oct 29 19:03:25 UTC 2018

> Cables, which are of course low dispersion and low temperature coefficient
> cables.

If I go looking for good cables, do they specify temperature coefficient?  I
don't remember ever seeing it when scanning specs, but I probably wasn't
looking for it so I could have skimmed over something.

What determines the dispersion of a cable?  Is it as simple as bigger wire
(more copper) is better?

Why do I care about the dispersion as long as all cables match?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.