[time-nuts] Lots of Off Topic discussion,

Joe Hobart nova at npgcable.com
Sun Sep 2 00:12:27 UTC 2018

Scott McGrath

I am an amateur radio operator (62 years), and I have accurate 1 PPS and 10 MHz
available.  I also coordinate emergency communications for this very large county.

I use WWV:

   To judge propagation during normal and other than normal times

   To set clocks after a power outage

   To calibrate relatively new amateur radio transceivers (not Collins)

   To set my computer clock to better than 1/10 second for FT8 digital mode and
when I was recovering faint asteroids that were in danger of being lost

It is easy to set clocks within 1/10 second while watching the digital display
and listening to the WWV/WWVH tics.  I tend to get the wrong second when I use a
GPS clock.

Best,
Joe Hobart