[time-nuts] PLL/GPSDO/etc learning resources for mere mortals

Jim Harman j99harman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 16:39:12 UTC 2018

To be clearer, I should have said that it helps to stabilize the
temperature of the whole system, to make the thermal time constant longer
than the response time of the loop.

I have found that putting the GPSDO in a picnic cooler with several large
water bottles reduces the impact of daily temperature fluctuations. Some
people recommend more extreme measures, such as burying the system several
feet underground.

--

--Jim Harman