[time-nuts] Trimble Thunderbolt Start Up RS-232 Communications Glitch

skipp skipp025 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 19:54:35 UTC 2018

Re: Trimble Thunderbolt Start Up RS-232 Communications Glitch

Hello to the Group,

Would anyone be able to help provide a bit of insight
or experience in dealing with what I call the an initial
Trimble Thunderbolt GPSDO RS-232 communications glitch
(during initial power on/up).

I've noticed some of the programs (Lady Heather) and
external status monitor devices (my own), sometimes
seem to initially stutter, freeze or even lock up if
the RS-232 cable connection is made (as one would expect
to be normal).

Establishing a working initial power on/up, serial
port monitor function can require a physical disconnect
from the GPSDO. Once everything is on, the physical RS-232
connection can be made and monitor functions operate
well going forward.

Would there be a hardware or software "serial comm
preamble" or power-on sequence, best order of
operation?  The physical disconnect RS-232 comm
reset is more than casually inconvenient.

Thank you in advance for your replies

Cheers,

Skipp

skipp025 at jah who dot calm.