[time-nuts] WWVB Translation/Simulation from GPS Data

Andy Backus ANDREWBACKUS at msn.com
Wed Sep 5 16:38:29 UTC 2018

I have taken a similar approach to Wayne's.

When WWVB blinks off my plan is to have a single GPS receiver in the house with a good antenna and to distribute from it a digital signal that will key little 60 kHz units for each clock.

Attached is source code (well commented) for an Adafruit GPS module and Arduino processor to do that.

The protocol for bits 57 and 58 is this: 57 goes on 24 hours before DST comes on and 58 goes on at 0000 hrs (GMT) on the day of the change.  They both stay on until DST is to go off, then 57 goes off 24 hours before the change and 58 goes off on the day of.

Andy Backus